Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Vocation as a Catholic Educator

I believe that my vocation to become a catholic educator is a call within a call. My thirteen years as a Jesuit and thirty-one years as a catholic student as well as a few years as an educator, has formed me to find greater joy and meaning in my life. So the call to become a catholic educator is part and parcel of my life. Thus I agree with Marianne Novak Houston’s comment “Teaching is a profound experience where my inner life and outer life can be mutually fed.” As a catholic educator, Jesus is my role model whose heart moved with pity when he saw people like sheep without shepherd. I consider that educating others involves becoming one with what I am called to do. Houston experienced “undivided wholeness” in her life as an educator. Inspired by this idea of “undivided wholeness” of Thomas Merton, I am drawn to be a catholic educator while upholding the Jesuit Characteristics of educating minds and hearts to create a better world with peace, joy, happiness and equality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi This is Vinod Fernandes SJ